Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

Questions for the Developers

For discussion about Trine, released in 2009 for PC and on PSN. Mac & Linux versions released in 2010/2011.

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby wolfboy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:04 am (link to this post)

$9.99 - $14.99 is the most it should sell for. Anymore and it's too expensive, especially for a new IP with very little advertising.
wolfboy

Postby Kschreck » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:45 am (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:
lov3 wrote:Hiya, really impressed with the video and previews for this game. I'm not sure if i'll be able to play it though. It says on your website you'll be releasing it on PC. Does that mean Linux and Macs as well, or only Windows Vista (or XP also? not sure if the two are compatible). If you could clarify that would be great, cheers.

We are starting with PS3 and PC Windows releases. Official support is for Windows Vista and XP (I think windows 2000 lacks support for newest PhysX/DirectX, but who knows if it's possible to get Trine running on that too).

However, our Shadowgrounds games are just being released on Linux aswell, so I'd say that's a possibility also, but we first want to see how Shadowgroundses sell on Linux. For Mac version, we only need Nvidia to make Mac version of PhysX to be able to port Trine (and Shadowgroundses) to Mac.

I just want to mention that me and my brother are on board to purchase this game should it get released on Linux. :mrgreen:
Kschreck

Postby peter_st » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:59 pm (link to this post)

Kschreck wrote:
FB_Lauri wrote:
lov3 wrote:Hiya, really impressed with the video and previews for this game. I'm not sure if i'll be able to play it though. It says on your website you'll be releasing it on PC. Does that mean Linux and Macs as well, or only Windows Vista (or XP also? not sure if the two are compatible). If you could clarify that would be great, cheers.

We are starting with PS3 and PC Windows releases. Official support is for Windows Vista and XP (I think windows 2000 lacks support for newest PhysX/DirectX, but who knows if it's possible to get Trine running on that too).

However, our Shadowgrounds games are just being released on Linux aswell, so I'd say that's a possibility also, but we first want to see how Shadowgroundses sell on Linux. For Mac version, we only need Nvidia to make Mac version of PhysX to be able to port Trine (and Shadowgroundses) to Mac.

I just want to mention that me and my brother are on board to purchase this game should it get released on Linux. :mrgreen:

Count me in too! Looks like an awesome game and I would be more then happy to play it on linux!
peter_st

Postby Linux-user » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm (link to this post)

peter_st wrote:
Kschreck wrote:
FB_Lauri wrote:We are starting with PS3 and PC Windows releases. Official support is for Windows Vista and XP (I think windows 2000 lacks support for newest PhysX/DirectX, but who knows if it's possible to get Trine running on that too).

Count me in too! Looks like an awesome game and I would be more then happy to play it on linux!

Here's another Linux-user waiting for Trine. I've just bought both Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor for Linux. I really hope both games will have enough sales to bring Trine to Linux. This game really looks amazing. What an original game. I really want to play Trine.
Linux-user

Postby peter_st » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 pm (link to this post)

any news on porting Trine to Linux? It seems Torchlight is getting all the linux buzz at the moment: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=901
peter_st

Postby fb_joel » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:58 pm (link to this post)

Well, there's no official news at this point, but I have a feeling that a Linux version of Trine will happen and it will happen in a better schedule than the Shadowgrounds versions (which took a few years)... So we'll see.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Saturn2888 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:34 pm (link to this post)

Saturn2888

Postby Linux-user » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:08 pm (link to this post)

Saturn2888 wrote:For all Linux users: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=9925

No, WINE is not a solution. A real Linux-user is NOT going to pay for a Windows version to play the game on Linux using WINE. I'm not going to buy a game for an operating system I don't use. I don't want to support Microsoft, I want to support Linux. Buying a Windows version only increases sales for the Windows platform and thus only makes the Windows platform even bigger. I don't want Windows software to have good sales, I want Linux software to have good sales. WINE is making me sick. It's no good for Linux. All it does is mak Linux users buy Windows versions of games and thus increasing sales for Windows software.
Linux-user

Postby Saturn2888 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:45 pm (link to this post)

Linux-user wrote:
Saturn2888 wrote:For all Linux users: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=9925

No, WINE is not a solution. A real Linux-user is NOT going to pay for a Windows version to play the game on Linux using WINE. I'm not going to buy a game for an operating system I don't use. I don't want to support Microsoft, I want to support Linux. Buying a Windows version only increases sales for the Windows platform and thus only makes the Windows platform even bigger. I don't want Windows software to have good sales, I want Linux software to have good sales. WINE is making me sick. It's no good for Linux. All it does is mak Linux users buy Windows versions of games and thus increasing sales for Windows software.

I'm just putting out a suggestion. Is it better to play the game or have so much pride you never get to enjoy yourself? This is a lesson I learned many years ago. Gotta draw the line somewhere. If the developer doesn't have time or money to fund a Linux gaming project, then the best you can do is use WINE.
Saturn2888

Previous

Return to Trine