Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

Mod planed/Idea "Back up has arrived"(working titl

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor. If you are working on a mod and want an official subforum here, contact us.

Mod planed/Idea "Back up has arrived"(working titl

Postby beretta » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:33 am (link to this post)

Hey,

I'm literary just started using the editor so im dumb to its workings but i had an idea for a mod which allows the player in the normal campaign to call for back up From HQ,Which would consist of basic grunt units *only two at one time* Possibly armed with some kind of SMG,So the whole idea is really if the player presses "X" for example it brings up a dialogue window with the player asking for assistance and a few seconds later a couple grunts will spawn and will follow the player and battle aliens along side him ;)

Now this is kinda a request really because i cant do anything that advanced in the editor,Please feedback welcome :)
beretta

Postby fb_joel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:27 pm (link to this post)

Heh, cool idea. It would be quite advanced, but I think it could be done with scripting. The only problem is that you'd have to have the units (NPCs) created somehow for the original missions. For mod missions it shouldn't be a problem at all...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby beretta » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:30 pm (link to this post)

I tried mucking around with the editor but the scientist with pistols are white without textures and i don't know how to make them follow the player.
beretta

Return to Mods / Level Editor