Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

Collector's Edition

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on PC/Mac, XBLA, PSN, and later on Linux and Wii U.

Collector's Edition

Postby Dthen » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:59 am (link to this post)

I remember reading a while back about the possibility of a collector's edition.
Is there any news on this?
Dthen

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 am (link to this post)

It's coming "soonish" and all pre-orderers get possibility to upgrade to it :)
FB_Lauri

Postby Dthen » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm (link to this post)

Ooh, excellent! That's good to hear, I'm glad it's definitely still happening.
Dthen

Postby Grachev » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:53 pm (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:It's coming "soonish" and all pre-orderers get possibility to upgrade to it :)

Is this a digital Collector's Edition, or a physical box with goodies? If latter, would upgrading Steam pre-orders to this physical CE be possible?
Grachev

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:36 pm (link to this post)

Grachev wrote:
FB_Lauri wrote:It's coming "soonish" and all pre-orderers get possibility to upgrade to it :)

Is this a digital Collector's Edition, or a physical box with goodies? If latter, would upgrading Steam pre-orders to this physical CE be possible?

It's a digital Collector's edition, but for example Focus Home Interactive is offering in Europe a boxed Collector's edition with additional physical artbook. The game and soundtrack are essentially the same in Steam's Collector's edition (and all other possible Collector's edition goodies which can be digitally distributed), but of course we can't hand out physical stuff with the digital version.

Edit: digital artbook may be added to all CE's. However I don't promise anything before it's sure!
FB_Lauri

Postby Grachev » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 pm (link to this post)

Thanks for quick reply, I have two additional questions.

Will the boxed Collector's Edition contain a CD with the soundtrack?
Will the soundtrack in the digital Collector's Edition be distributed in a lossless format?
Grachev

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 pm (link to this post)

Grachev wrote:Will the boxed Collector's Edition contain a CD with the soundtrack?

It's only digital version in the retail box, ie. on the game DVD.

Grachev wrote:Will the soundtrack in the digital Collector's Edition be distributed in a lossless format?

I'm not entirely sure other than it will be very high quality. Nevertheless it's same quality as in the retail version.
FB_Lauri

Postby Sid_Loman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:39 pm (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:
Grachev wrote:

It's a digital Collector's edition, but for example Focus Home Interactive is offering in Europe a boxed Collector's edition with additional physical artbook. The game and soundtrack are essentially the same in Steam's Collector's edition (and all other possible Collector's edition goodies which can be digitally distributed), but of course we can't hand out physical stuff with the digital version.

Have you considered giving a pdf version of the artbook to the Steam Collector's edition? I think new Deus Ex did it this way without problems.
Sid_Loman

Postby loadstone007 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:49 pm (link to this post)

Ummm, is there a way to pre-order on PSN? If not, make it happen please :)
loadstone007

Postby fb_joel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:00 am (link to this post)

Sid_Loman wrote:Have you considered giving a pdf version of the artbook to the Steam Collector's edition? I think new Deus Ex did it this way without problems.

We may not be able to do this unfortunately. Hard to say yet though, remains to be seen...

loadstone007 wrote:Ummm, is there a way to pre-order on PSN? If not, make it happen please :)

Unfortunately there's no way to pre-order on PSN (nor XBLA). Sorry for the longer wait!
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Sid_Loman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:37 pm (link to this post)

fb_joel wrote:
Sid_Loman wrote:Have you considered giving a pdf version of the artbook to the Steam Collector's edition? I think new Deus Ex did it this way without problems.

We may not be able to do this unfortunately. Hard to say yet though, remains to be seen...

Thanks for the answer. Too bad though, it would make my decision much easier. I want to try Trine 2 as soon as possible, but I don't want to miss anything.

However it seems Focus Home Interactive isn't the distributor in my country (Czech republic), so it's back to Steam hah.

Anyway, if the pdf version of the artbook goes through in the end, let us know. It would be a great bonus :).
Sid_Loman

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:47 pm (link to this post)

Sid_Loman wrote:
fb_joel wrote:

Thanks for the answer. Too bad though, it would make my decision much easier. I want to try Trine 2 as soon as possible, but I don't want to miss anything.

However it seems Focus Home Interactive isn't the distributor in my country (Czech republic), so it's back to Steam hah.

Anyway, if the pdf version of the artbook goes through in the end, let us know. It would be a great bonus :).

The digital artbook has taken steps forward to happen, but I still need to confirm it.
FB_Lauri

Postby Dthen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:04 pm (link to this post)

That's great news.
Dthen

Postby Spacedeck » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:47 pm (link to this post)

For those of us who already own Trine 1 and have pre purchased Trine 2. If you release a CE on Steam can we get a free upgrade? :)
Spacedeck

Postby Raicuparta » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:54 pm (link to this post)

Spacedeck wrote:For those of us who already own Trine 1 and have pre purchased Trine 2. If you release a CE on Steam can we get a free upgrade? :)
Trine 2 is already so cheap, getting free stuff would only make me feel like I stole something :P
Raicuparta

Postby Niko838 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:26 pm (link to this post)

I'd love to preorder from Steam, however the physical collector's edition is too much of a temptation so my question is this:

Do I lose anything (except the access to the beta) if I buy the physical copy instead of a preorder through Steam, be it content, badge, or anything similar?
Niko838

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 pm (link to this post)

Niko838 wrote:I'd love to preorder from Steam, however the physical collector's edition is too much of a temptation so my question is this:

Do I lose anything (except the access to the beta) if I buy the physical copy instead of a preorder through Steam, be it content, badge, or anything similar?

There might be some preorder-only TF2 hats coming to Steam :)
FB_Lauri

Postby Niko838 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:08 pm (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:
Niko838 wrote:I'd love to preorder from Steam, however the physical collector's edition is too much of a temptation so my question is this:

There might be some preorder-only TF2 hats coming to Steam :)

If that's all I'm missing, then I'm quite fine with a physical edition, bring on the release date! (tho on that matter, seems that Pan Vision: http://www.panvision.com/1/1.0.1.0/33/4/?item=prod_prod-s1/51889 "knows" the release date (or is that only an estimate?) but the shops I asked from don't know anything yet.)
Niko838

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 am (link to this post)

The release dates which retailers post are estimates, as there is no release date set. (and will not be set before console channels do so). This is completely out of our hands, unfortunately, but December is still a good guess :D
FB_Lauri

Postby Elvick » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:39 pm (link to this post)

Is there going to be a physical release in NA at all? Haven't seen anything on it. I love having boxes, even though I already preordered it on Steam so it'd be purely for show.
Elvick

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 am (link to this post)

Elvick wrote:Is there going to be a physical release in NA at all? Haven't seen anything on it. I love having boxes, even though I already preordered it on Steam so it'd be purely for show.

At the moment we have distribution agreed only to Quebec, and that will be most likely French box, although the game itself will include all languages. :)

We keep looking for larger NA distribution but I must say it's unlikely - there's not really publishers who would like to pick up only retail deal.

That said, if you get European Amazon's for example to ship to NA then it's one way to get the boxed edition. I don't know will US Amazon stock from the EU counterparts, but we'll try to make that happen.
FB_Lauri

Postby Elvick » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:13 pm (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:At the moment we have distribution agreed only to Quebec, and that will be most likely French box, although the game itself will include all languages. :)

We keep looking for larger NA distribution but I must say it's unlikely - there's not really publishers who would like to pick up only retail deal.

That said, if you get European Amazon's for example to ship to NA then it's one way to get the boxed edition. I don't know will US Amazon stock from the EU counterparts, but we'll try to make that happen.

I've been unable to import games through amazon.co.uk. Just able to order CDs through them. Not sure if the others would let me. Amazon.com won't ship some games to me either. Not sure what 'requirements' there are for what they ship and don't, tried to find out but couldn't find the info.

-sigh- I'll keep my fingers crossed. It's not that I need to buy it, since I already preordered it on Steam and will buy it on PS3 the day it comes out and eventually 360 as well. Would be nice to have a pretty box and other extras for it anyway, because I'm obsessive with Trine.
Elvick

Postby Shogun » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:01 pm (link to this post)

Numerous stores (Amazon etc) have the Trine 2 CE containing a sountrack CD, i was under the impression that is was digital download only?
Shogun

Postby baltar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 pm (link to this post)

Placed my preorder for a CE at shopto.net - Apparently they are ok with shipping it to the United states.

It'd be awesome if we started a list to see who is carrying the physical Collectors edition and if they ship outside europe.. That'd be sweet.
baltar

Postby Shogun » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:52 pm (link to this post)

Shopto.net are another site advertising the CE with a soundtrack CD. What gives?
Shogun

Next

Return to Trine 2