Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

What about pricing and regional versions?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on PC/Mac, XBLA, PSN, and later on Linux and Wii U.

What about pricing and regional versions?

Postby Jehuty » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:31 pm (link to this post)

Questions about release and pre-order dates are pretty usual here, so I decided to ask about some other stuff:

1. What's the approximate price of the game gonna be?
2. What audio and text languages Trine 2 will support?
3. Will it be officially published in Russia at the same with the world-wide release (if there ever will be an official Russian version)?

Thanks for your reply beforehand.
Jehuty

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:15 am (link to this post)

1. Less than at what price Trine 1 launched
2. At least largest European languages and in addition some local versions include at least text-only translations
3. Yes

We'll "soonish" make official announcements regarding many aspects mentioned here and by then we can be specific about the details.
FB_Lauri

Postby Blastoise » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:09 am (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:1. Less than at what price Trine 1 launched

Sorry, but could you clarify if that means less than the PC version ($40) or less than the PS3 version ($20)?
Blastoise

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 am (link to this post)

I think he means the PC version because if you sell Trine 2 with pricetag of 20$ or 20€ for PC, that starts to be quite low price. Especially for this high quality game. :D

I'm eagerly waiting for the pre-order and I'm even more eagerly waiting it because I know it is going to be very well priced.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P
Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 pm (link to this post)

Yes Lauri meant the PC version launch price. However, to clear some confusion we've noticed around the internets, the PC price we are thinking of is $30. That's how much it cost at launch on e.g. Steam. The $40 price tag was for some retail versions and that was a decision our retail publisher made.

So Trine 2 will cost less than $30 on any platform. That's all we'll say on the matter until official confirmations. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Blastoise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 pm (link to this post)

fb_joel wrote:Yes Lauri meant the PC version launch price. However, to clear some confusion we've noticed around the internets, the PC price we are thinking of is $30. That's how much it cost at launch on e.g. Steam. The $40 price tag was for some retail versions and that was a decision our retail publisher made.

So Trine 2 will cost less than $30 on any platform. That's all we'll say on the matter until official confirmations. :)

Gotcha. Thanks, and best of luck with getting everything wrapped up! :)
Blastoise

Postby qnub » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 am (link to this post)

Can't find Trine 2 in russian Xbox LIVE. Will never appears?
qnub

Return to Trine 2