Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

What about pricing and regional versions?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.

What about pricing and regional versions?

Postby Jehuty » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:31 pm (link to this post)

Questions about release and pre-order dates are pretty usual here, so I decided to ask about some other stuff:

1. What's the approximate price of the game gonna be?
2. What audio and text languages Trine 2 will support?
3. Will it be officially published in Russia at the same with the world-wide release (if there ever will be an official Russian version)?

Thanks for your reply beforehand.
Jehuty

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:15 am (link to this post)

1. Less than at what price Trine 1 launched
2. At least largest European languages and in addition some local versions include at least text-only translations
3. Yes

We'll "soonish" make official announcements regarding many aspects mentioned here and by then we can be specific about the details.
FB_Lauri

Postby Blastoise » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:09 am (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:1. Less than at what price Trine 1 launched

Sorry, but could you clarify if that means less than the PC version ($40) or less than the PS3 version ($20)?
Blastoise

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 am (link to this post)

I think he means the PC version because if you sell Trine 2 with pricetag of 20$ or 20€ for PC, that starts to be quite low price. Especially for this high quality game. :D

I'm eagerly waiting for the pre-order and I'm even more eagerly waiting it because I know it is going to be very well priced.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P
Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 pm (link to this post)

Yes Lauri meant the PC version launch price. However, to clear some confusion we've noticed around the internets, the PC price we are thinking of is $30. That's how much it cost at launch on e.g. Steam. The $40 price tag was for some retail versions and that was a decision our retail publisher made.

So Trine 2 will cost less than $30 on any platform. That's all we'll say on the matter until official confirmations. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Blastoise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 pm (link to this post)

fb_joel wrote:Yes Lauri meant the PC version launch price. However, to clear some confusion we've noticed around the internets, the PC price we are thinking of is $30. That's how much it cost at launch on e.g. Steam. The $40 price tag was for some retail versions and that was a decision our retail publisher made.

So Trine 2 will cost less than $30 on any platform. That's all we'll say on the matter until official confirmations. :)

Gotcha. Thanks, and best of luck with getting everything wrapped up! :)
Blastoise

Postby qnub » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 am (link to this post)

Can't find Trine 2 in russian Xbox LIVE. Will never appears?
qnub

Return to Trine 2