Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

Release date

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on PC/Mac, XBLA, PSN, and later on Linux and Wii U.

Re: Release date

Postby loadstone007 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:20 pm (link to this post)

Can you confirm the game will be released by the end of the year? You said two months of testing, and we already have two months left.
We're waiting here... A LOT :)
loadstone007

Postby fb_joel » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:09 am (link to this post)

If my very analytical and all-encompassing calculations are correct, we have October, November and December left of 2011.

So yes, we have every intention of releasing the game sometime in 2011. The only thing that could stop this is some major problems in certification approval but I think we'll be able to clear it in time.

Hope this helps. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:49 pm (link to this post)

Whoooooooo! \o/
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P
Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Neolander » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 pm (link to this post)

Casus belli question : Will PC players get their game as soon as it is ready, or will they have to wait for console testing to be completed ? :twisted:
Neolander

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:38 pm (link to this post)

We are using the console certification time to focus on PC/Mac usability/technical. That means menus, better mouse support, Steamworks integration for multiplayer, installer, launcher utility (if we're going to have one), that kind of stuff (and technical testing on different computers - we haven't done any of that yet). So it's time well-spent and probably quite optimal - most likely every day that the game spends in console certification is another day we spend on polishing the computer versions, until they are all released simultaneously. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby winetou1984 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 pm (link to this post)

fb_joel wrote:Working on it... The price will most likely be announced together with the pre-order, they are a bit linked... So we'll see how it goes. In any case it's getting closer, even if it will still take weeks rather than days.

Lol. If you want it to be tested (for free) on a Phenom II x4 , 8 GB Corsair RAM DDR3 1600 Mhz and an ASUS GTX 550 TI graphic card, send me the game. I`ll do the deed. :D
winetou1984

Postby Demonx » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 am (link to this post)

Hello, I'm a french gamer (mostly pc but consoles too and excuse me for my poor english ^^) and it make a few weeks that I read your forum to have some news of Trine 2 (I expect it since Trine).

My first post is to congratulate you about Trine because this game has delighted myself, I have finished it two times and now I'm playing it with my wife-> a new experience!!!

My second post is to ask a little question.You say that there is no release date for Trine 2 actually (or before 2012), but in a popular french website I have pre-ordered Trine 2 Pc in collector version since one month...I have only informations about the bundle who contains Trine 2 and the OST if my memory is good.

To finish, a release date is mentioned : 30th November 2011.This is realistic or totally impossible?

ps: in fact I'm really pressed to play Trine 2 (like a lot of players), but I understand there is some steps before the release.

Good luck and see you soon (you make a good job about Trine serie :D )
Demonx

Postby loadstone007 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:54 pm (link to this post)

Thanks for the info, and for being so connected with your customers :)
loadstone007

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:23 pm (link to this post)

Unless something totally unexpected happens the release will be this year. 8)
FB_Lauri

Postby Craig » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:55 am (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:Unless something totally unexpected happens the release will be this year. 8)

Oh gosh please release it before Christmas :D
Craig

Postby FULLMETAL56 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:14 am (link to this post)

French and German Amazon's websites announced the PC version and "collector"=(Trine 2 + Trine 1 + OST) for the 2nd week of December, 7 and 9 December respectively and less than ~27$ (~20€) !
FULLMETAL56

Postby NeatNit » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:56 pm (link to this post)

I don't think Trine 2 will cost more than $30, so the prices make sense at least. :)

As for the release dates, I think those sites are "forced" to write a release date so they just guess. Sometimes they guess a lot of time before the release date is known to anyone, and later when the release date is set, they pick that date just because there's no reason not to :P
NeatNit

Postby spencer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:07 pm (link to this post)

fb_joel wrote:We are using the console certification time to focus on PC/Mac usability/technical.

Are you using "PC" as a synonym for "Windows," or does that include Linux as well?
spencer

Postby fb_joel » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm (link to this post)

spencer wrote:
fb_joel wrote:We are using the console certification time to focus on PC/Mac usability/technical.

Are you using "PC" as a synonym for "Windows," or does that include Linux as well?

Indeed that means Windows/Mac. Linux will be separate, we'll focus on that once the game has been successfully launched on the other platforms. We'll most likely have our hands full with technical issues from Win/Mac, and once we get those fixed we will make the Linux version (so it'll get all the fixes as well). Naturally this means that the Linux version will probably be released sometime in early 2012. Sorry!
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Blong6 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:13 pm (link to this post)

Thanks for all the information on the release date! I was just wondering about the length of the campaign for Trine 2. Trine seemed to have a good length when first playing it but when going back and playing again it seemed far too short! Obviously you dont have anything but the Co-op and regular campaign right now but I think it would be cool to have some sort of mini games that could be developed after release? How realistic is this?
Thanks again!
Blong6

Postby fb_joel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:53 pm (link to this post)

The Trine 2 campaign will hopefully be a bit longer than Trine 1. It's not a whole lot longer though, and it's hard to judge accurately right now. It will probably hover around 6-10 hours for most people. There is a lot of replay value though, especially if you enjoy playing online multiplayer, and there's also all the experience orbs and hidden chests to collect.

We will most likely release at least one DLC campaign after release but that will take a while (perhaps in the spring next year). We'll know more after the game is out and we see all the feedback etc. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Infinity » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 pm (link to this post)

I was just wondering : on Amazon they have this bundle : Trine 1 + Trine OST + trine 2
http://www.amazon.fr/Focus-Coffret-Trine-OST/dp/B005FLPPKE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319218919&sr=8-3
They say it would be release the 2nd of November and on this page :
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B005FLPPKE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1319218919&sr=8-3&condition=new
They say the release date will be the 7th of December.

- Is any of these dates correct ?
- You said in an other thread that the pre-order will be available 2-3 month before the release, do we have an idea when the pre-order will be available (on Steam ? )
- Will we have a similar Bundle (Trine 1, Trine 2, OST) available on Steam ?

Infinity

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:29 pm (link to this post)

Well the pre-order window has shortened (so it's not 2-3 months, it's shorter time). We are discussing this at the moment so hopefully it will happen soon. Same goes for any other bundles...

And on the release date itself I cannot comment. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby spencer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:43 am (link to this post)

fb_joel wrote:
spencer wrote:

Indeed that means Windows/Mac. Linux will be separate, we'll focus on that once the game has been successfully launched on the other platforms. We'll most likely have our hands full with technical issues from Win/Mac, and once we get those fixed we will make the Linux version (so it'll get all the fixes as well). Naturally this means that the Linux version will probably be released sometime in early 2012. Sorry!

:( Ah well, at least if it comes after grad school applications are due, it won't be to blame for my procrastination. Besides, I'd rather have it a bit later when it's ready than earlier and not quite ready.

fb_joel wrote:Well the pre-order window has shortened (so it's not 2-3 months, it's shorter time). We are discussing this at the moment so hopefully it will happen soon. Same goes for any other bundles...

And on the release date itself I cannot comment. :)

You're killing us with the suspense here! :o

On a more serious note, you have mentioned using the Ubuntu Software Center to distribute the Linux version... will it also be available by some other means for users of other distros?
spencer

Postby fb_joel » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:17 pm (link to this post)

Yes, that's the plan. Exact details or schedule will need some more time. It's all very busy right now but hopefully we get all these sorted by early 2012...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Marou » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:53 am (link to this post)

fb_joel wrote:Yes, that's the plan. Exact details or schedule will need some more time. It's all very busy right now but hopefully we get all these sorted by early 2012...

I hadn't been paying attention for awhile, because I've been salivating over the upcoming release of Skyrim.

That said, you guys are doing it right. It's much better to release a game when it's done and you have it in really good shape, than release it dodgy. I think it was one of the Blizzard devs that said this, before they sold out to Activision, "A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is a bad forever."

I'll be buying 3 copies as soon as the pre-order goes up on steam. Any chance you guys are planning to offer a bundle?

-Marou
Marou

Postby khodak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:37 pm (link to this post)

Yes, 3x Tine 2 bundle on Steam will be great.
khodak

Postby xboxsky » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am (link to this post)

see you guys on psn!
will versions for the game console just release as soon as the pc version?
xboxsky

Postby fb_joel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:00 am (link to this post)

XBLA, PSN, Windows (Steam), Mac (Steam and possibly Mac App Store) will all release at the same time, yes - give or take 24 hours or so.

We'll have to see about a multiple copy bundle, we'd like to do it but it's a little complicated in some ways so I don't want to promise it yet.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Infinity » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:27 pm (link to this post)

pre-order available on Steam ! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/
Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Trine 2