Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

Voice Actors

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on PC/Mac, XBLA, PSN, and later on Linux and Wii U.

Voice Actors

Postby Sarian » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 am (link to this post)

I'm curious. Will the same voice actors be used for Trine 2? I thought the voices were great and really fit the characters in Trine. It would be great for continuity. Any info would be appreciated.

Sarian
Sarian

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:52 am (link to this post)

We thought the same, and the same English cast will be in Trine 2 also :)
FB_Lauri

Postby Sarian » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:11 am (link to this post)

Thanks. That is great news. Keeping the continuity consistent makes the game more enjoyable. You guys make the most fun and beautiful fantasy game. The graphics are totally awesome. music is fantastic, and the voices are perfect. Can't forget the helpful patches and great customer service. I'm so look forward to Trine 2 when it comes out in PC. Great job to all at Frozenbyte.

Sarian
Sarian

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:20 pm (link to this post)

Thank you! :D
FB_Lauri

Postby NXTLukas » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 pm (link to this post)

I really agree to Sarian.
The voice actors did a great job. Maybe you should make an audiobook series :lol:
NXTLukas

Postby Malidictus » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:34 am (link to this post)

The original voice actors for the characters and the narrator were pretty good. It's nice to hear they'll be making a comeback.

However, I have to say - it might be good to, you know, give them more to say :) The original Trine had the seed of a very interesting team dynamic between the... "Simple" but courageous Knight, intelligent but awkward Wizard and capable but elusive Thief. It was disappointing to see not much come of it. There's room for much witty and appropriate banter in the story, not necessarily about anything in particular, just so we can get a better glance into the characters' personalities through their words and attitudes.

My example of good character interaction through banter tends to be Left 4 Dead 2. We don't really know much about the characters beyond their names (and even not always that - "Coach"), but we get a very good idea of WHO they are just by the way they hold themselves and the way they behave, from Ellis' long-winded stories that never end to Nick's constant sardonic comments that keep getting him in trouble and so on and so forth. They could well have been blank slates, but they're given character by their interactions.

This is something I really wanted to see more of in the original Trine. We get a few good examples of this with the Wizard's comment of "This is interesting stuff!" a comment I'm sure we've all made at one point or another about an under-appreciated hobby. We also get a good example of this with the Warrior's "Save villagers or crush bones? It don't matter!" Some hero, eh? :) That's the sort of thing that really works, which is why it's so frustrating when they spend entire levels not saying anything at all.

But that's just idle musings. It's great to see the original voice actors back.
Malidictus

Postby fb_joel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:10 pm (link to this post)

Yeah there will be more dialogue in the levels in Trine 2. I think we'll have a nice balance now. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Gzegzolka » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:05 pm (link to this post)

I'm also happy to hear original voice actors. I would add just a little more dialogs between characters in levels, but try to avoid long dialogs and try to avoid too much cut-scenes (not every player would like to stop playing to hear long conversation about some environment element he passed few minutes ago) - it's great arcade/puzzle game not another rpg game.
Gzegzolka

Postby AriTunes » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:52 pm (link to this post)

Yes! All previous voice actors will be in the game, including me! In Trine 1 I was amazingly talented, uncredited voice actor of skeleton(s)... and boss skeleton. Bad guys never get the glory and fame. :(

Anyway, this time I will be acting as goblin(s). Maybe some other Trine2 team member will perform as well! ;)

Ari
Ari Pulkkinen / AriTunes
Composer and Sound Designer
AriTunes

Postby ZachCraft » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:22 pm (link to this post)

AriTunes wrote:Yes! All previous voice actors will be in the game, including me! In Trine 1 I was amazingly talented, uncredited voice actor of skeleton(s)... and boss skeleton. Bad guys never get the glory and fame. :(

Anyway, this time I will be acting as goblin(s). Maybe some other Trine2 team member will perform as well! ;)

Ari

Are you going to be making scary grunting noises here too?
ZachCraft

Postby AriTunes » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm (link to this post)

ZachCraft wrote:Are you going to be making scary grunting noises here too?

Indeed!
Ari Pulkkinen / AriTunes
Composer and Sound Designer
AriTunes

Postby Sisaya » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:47 pm (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:We thought the same, and the same English cast will be in Trine 2 also :)

Is the cast in other languages also the same?
sorry for my poor English
Sisaya

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 pm (link to this post)

We will try to get the same casts for the other languages as well, however at this point we don't know for sure if this is going to happen... We would also like more feedback on the Trine localized actors - did you enjoy the German (?) actors?

Generally speaking I think the actors in all languages were quite good and we have got good feedback on them, so that's why we would like to continue with the same actors. :)

Edit: Good to hear. We'll try to get the same German actors for Trine 2 as well. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Sisaya » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:09 am (link to this post)

I love the German actors. The cast is perfect for a perfect game (except the last level). :D
Sisaya

Postby Kyrio » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:31 pm (link to this post)

I'm sorry for being so late in this topic, but my main fear about Trine 2 is about the voice actors in French. They were really good and funny, especially the Knight with his gruff voice. I decided to give my feedback despite the age of the topic because I thought it could give France a chance to have the same actors :D

I hope you will find the French actors. Thank you for your effort :wink:

Kyrio
(sorry for the possible English mistakes)
Kyrio

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 pm (link to this post)

Thank you guys for the feedback, it's really important as we haven't yet chosen the localized actors! So there's still a good chance we'll get the right ones! 8)
FB_Lauri

Postby Kyrio » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:40 pm (link to this post)

Good news :) Thanks for the answer !
Kyrio

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 pm (link to this post)

And indeed, we should be able to get the same voice actors for French and Spanish, and we are trying to get the same for German and Italian too.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Kyrio » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:52 pm (link to this post)

That's great ! Thanks to all the team for your attention to players :D I hope the narrator will also be the same, his voice is perfect, especially when he says "the Thief will wait the right time to escape with the treasure and without the two fools" (something like that in French) :wink:
Kyrio

Postby Neolander » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:51 pm (link to this post)

Played the game in English myself (which is very idiotic as the original version was probably in Finnish anyway, but well it helps me improve my skills) and have to give a big thumb up to the narrator. The other actors were not bad either, IIRC, but that voice in particular was just absolutely memorable and perfect for its storytelling job.
Neolander

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 pm (link to this post)

I can confirm the following:

French - same cast (with a possible exception of Zoya being replaced unfortunately, due to schedule issues :( )
German - same cast
Spanish - same cast
Italian - undecided currently

So we got most of them back. :)

And we write all of our games in English originally so that's the default language for us, but the translations are certainly very good from what I can tell and obviously from what everybody has been telling us. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Sisaya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:03 pm (link to this post)

that's great, thanks :D
Sisaya

Return to Trine 2