Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

Trine Black Screen Problem

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.

Trine Black Screen Problem

Postby 5567kisuke » Sat May 29, 2010 2:45 am (link to this post)

Hi all so I installed Trine for the first time and it went crashing to the desktop with no errors during the first level ( thief ) loading. Then I installed the latest PhysX driver and that fixed it. And now, when the first level ( thief ) was loaded, I click start and all I see is a black screen with two arrows and the picture of the thief, wizard and knight on the top left of the screen. Everything else is black and I can only see two arrows with the music and the narrator's voice playing smoothly. Can someone suggest me a solution that can fix this problem? I really want to play Trine it's my type of game I'm dying to play it. Please suggest a solution for me ASAP
5567kisuke

Postby fb_joel » Mon May 31, 2010 4:23 pm (link to this post)

Sorry for the little delay.

I'm thinking this could be a problem with the game data. If this is the Steam version, I suggest you re-download the game (it's in the menus when you right-click on Trine name). It might fix it...

Also, can you post your system specs?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby Havanacus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:14 am (link to this post)

I'm having the same problem, minus the initial crash. Rather then a black screen, my screen is blue. The two arrows the op mentions are probably the cross-hairs for the bow. I'm running Linux Mint with an Nvidia geforce gt 220 and the latest proprietary drivers.
Havanacus

Postby alt_turo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:30 pm (link to this post)

Try reinstalling the game. A corrupt installation can cause all kinds of strange graphics bugs.
Turo Lamminen
Alternative Games
alt_turo

Postby Havanacus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:28 pm (link to this post)

Reinstalling Nvidia drivers worked for me. I had accidentally allowed MintUpdate to overwrite the drivers that I manually installed.
Havanacus

Return to Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN