Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

PS3 release date?

For discussion about Trine, released in 2009 for PC and on PSN. Mac & Linux versions released in 2010/2011.

Re: PS3 release date?

Postby BarrenMind » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:47 pm (link to this post)

Sony's Twitter account lists Trine as one of the new releases:

http://twitter.com/SonyPlayStation

"New PS3 releases: LBP: Game of the Year Edition, DiRT 2, Trine, Mini Ninjas & IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey"

This Thursday then I hope!
BarrenMind

Postby BarrenMind » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 pm (link to this post)

Guess not.

http://twitter.com/SonyPlayStation

"Correction: Trine should NOT have been included in our PS3 new releases Tweet this week! Apologies for the error."
BarrenMind

Postby x181 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:29 am (link to this post)

My guess is Atlus (Trine's publisher) is holding off on releasing it purely for marketing reasons. It's part of Atlus's job as a publisher: knowing when to publish Trine based on other games' release dates, etc., to maximize exposure and sales.

Although Frozenbyte is supposed to be "indie," I'm sure it will work out well for Frozenbyte. Atlus probably has more experience in publishing PS3 games: how to deal with Sony, how the PlayStation Store works, current PlayStation Store trends, how to market to PS3 console gamers, etc.
x181

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:11 pm (link to this post)

There's no tactics or intentional delays involved, just the normal process and a developer with their first console title :?

Remember, every day is one day closer to the release :)
FB_Lauri

Postby Mr.Brightside » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm (link to this post)

Trine has passed QA, release within the next two weeks :D

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/ ... mber-2009/
(look at the 4th reply from mike kebby)
Mr.Brightside

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:41 pm (link to this post)

As stated above, Mike Kebby says "Trine has passed QA and will be with you within the next two weeks – still trying to get the exact publish pinned down (either next week, or the 24th in other words) ;)" - direct link http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/ ... ment-22454

Please note, this is EU PlayStation Store's blog.
FB_Lauri

Postby h0stile » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:54 pm (link to this post)

best news ever. I just hope Sony will release Trine in the same time for the UK and US. since there is no PS store in my country, our ccards are only accepted on the US store (although we belong to the good old union too). btw, you'll probably register higher sales on the US store because all PS3 owners from EU countries which can't get anything from the UK store (or any other EU playstation store) are, in fact, using the US one.
h0stile

Postby SevWolf » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:38 am (link to this post)

I just want to ask...since I've been waiting for Trine since it was announced in December of last year, are you guys gonna like put something up on a PSN as a thank you for waiting like a theme(doesn't have to be dynamic) or something...anyways it's great news to here that it's coming out in the next two weeks, can't wait
SevWolf

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 pm (link to this post)

Heh. Finally. :)

I guess next time FB team should announce their game release only when Sony announces it too (I mean including PC too). ;P
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P
Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:03 pm (link to this post)

Live and learn.
FB_Lauri

Postby h0stile » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:06 pm (link to this post)

can you tell us if the PS3 version has online co-op?
h0stile

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 pm (link to this post)

Yes.

It won't. ATM.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P
Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby x181 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 am (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:Live and learn.

and then get luvs™!
x181

Postby Nerix » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:16 pm (link to this post)

Any hints, if it´ll be released this or next thursday? Okay, I could understand that you are not willing to give any more comments on this, after experiencing Sony´s release policy during the past few weeks, but perhaps you have a guess? :wink:
Nerix

Postby Nerix » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:36 pm (link to this post)

Trine is coming this thursday (17.09.)! Official press release: http://www.group-nobilis.com/images/sto ... elease.pdf

I´m really looking forward to play this game, it looks fantastic :)
Nerix

Postby BarrenMind » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm (link to this post)

Nerix wrote:Trine is coming this thursday (17.09.)! Official press release: http://www.group-nobilis.com/images/sto ... elease.pdf

I´m really looking forward to play this game, it looks fantastic :)

I was afraid that release wouldn't show a US release date, but it's worse than I thought. "TBD"? I know this press release is only directed toward European markets, but I hope this doesn't truly indicate a date much, much further out for North America.

Ah well. I'll wait as long as it takes. Buying it day one regardless.
BarrenMind

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:09 pm (link to this post)

I would imagine there should not be any trouble with NA release either, but of course we have seen that everything can happen.

Some user quotes well mr. Miyamoto at VG247: "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" (link: http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/15/trine-h ... tember-17/ )
FB_Lauri

Postby worldeater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:21 am (link to this post)

This needs to be in North America no later than next week.. Its one thing to be understanding of the process, but as a member of the software industry for over 15 years it also makes me more critical.

I've about had it with european dev houses and publishers. wtf is it with you guys and bad release dates and terrible code???? Apparently when your government controls your means of production you can do crappy work and finish it any time you please?

We cant all be rockstar north, but please try not to join the ranks of cyanide and funcom. Dont boycott PSN, boycott EU software houses and publishers.

edit : the reason I'm upset with you guys is because of the decisions of your publisher about distribution and channels. Ive stuck up for you guys while suffering the unavoidable third party test cycle but you guys should have accounted for that inevitable process in your schedule. It sounds to me like you guys actually iterated in that process because you threw code over the fence that wasnt ready. this along with many experiences with european game companies is really starting to convince me that european software is just badly made and badly planned. Your standards over there really make you appear amateurish.
worldeater

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:07 am (link to this post)

I hardly find a 20 man game studio and a huge software company comparable. Only 30% of game development has programming involved, so we are not even part of software industry.

I must also point out that your knowledge about Finland or Europe seems to be a bit inaccurate. I'd suggest to check out for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland
FB_Lauri

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 pm (link to this post)

Is it going to be released in the US today aswell as EU?????
raskolnikov1944

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:00 pm (link to this post)

All I know is that US release is not tomorrow.
FB_Lauri

Postby B-good » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:52 pm (link to this post)

Thanks for the info, Lauri! While that is disappointing, not everyone in the US has geographical incompetencies.

Thanks for the consistent stream of information, if nothing else but to tell us there is no information.
:mrgreen:
B-good

Postby cloud66 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:19 am (link to this post)

hello, I am new here but i have been following this forum for a while, cause i am so much waiting for this game!
i would like to ask a question to Lauri: i have an european psn account which is set in italy, if i buy Trine from that account will the in-game language be just in italian or in english as well? as i live in japan i only use other psn stores a few times, so i don't know if the european store works as one or if it works differently depending on the country it is set in.
thanks in advance,keep up the good work!
cloud66

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:45 am (link to this post)

European PSN version includes English, French, Spanish, Italian, German and will get Finnish subtitles patched.

NA PSN version includes English, French and Spanish.
FB_Lauri

Postby Nick22 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 pm (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:All I know is that US release is not tomorrow.

What is the hold up? This game has been plagued with bugs and delays, that I was considering a purchase only after it's been confirmed it doesn't have any. So now more delays? BTW does the game have online co-op or local only? If local only, this will be an easy decision to not purchase. Also what's the US price? If TBD, then the EU?
Nick22

PreviousNext

Return to Trine