Remember to check out the work-in-progress FAQs: Trine 2 FAQ, Humble Frozenbyte Bundle FAQ. You can also contact us by email.

Acord to Atlus Trine coming to XBLA too

For discussion about Trine, released in 2009 for PC and on PSN. Mac & Linux versions released in 2010/2011.

Re: Acord to Atlus Trine coming to XBLA too

Postby SamWalter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:36 pm (link to this post)

when i heard this i also heard or read to be more correct that the xbl version would support 3 player co-op ? sure you could say but its coming out later and we had to put in something extra for the wait but pc and ps3 owners shouldn't suffer with getting less content just because there was no publisher for a xbl version in the begining
its something i read is it true or just some rumor if your going to do something like that could you maby release it as a dlc for pc and ps3 ? cause i just played the pc demo and you guys have made a great job an amazing job if you ask me the art style the beautiful cut-scenes the game play is just perfect from what i played in the demo and if your going to make something extra in the xbl verison i beg you to atleast release it as a dlc for pc and ps3 sure i haven't played the game yet but from the demo i personally just want more so again if there is any plans for it release it on pc and ps3 aswell
SamWalter

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:47 pm (link to this post)

SamWalter wrote:when i heard this i also heard or read to be more correct that the xbl version would support 3 player co-op ? sure you could say but its coming out later and we had to put in something extra for the wait but pc and ps3 owners shouldn't suffer with getting less content just because there was no publisher for a xbl version in the begining
its something i read is it true or just some rumor if your going to do something like that could you maby release it as a dlc for pc and ps3 ? cause i just played the pc demo and you guys have made a great job an amazing job if you ask me the art style the beautiful cut-scenes the game play is just perfect from what i played in the demo and if your going to make something extra in the xbl verison i beg you to atleast release it as a dlc for pc and ps3 sure i haven't played the game yet but from the demo i personally just want more so again if there is any plans for it release it on pc and ps3 aswell

All version expect demo includes local 3 player co-op. So, both PC and PSN versions have 3 player local support when they come out :D
FB_Lauri

Postby SamWalter » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:45 am (link to this post)

FB_Lauri wrote:
SamWalter wrote:when i heard this i also heard or read to be more correct that the xbl version would support 3 player co-op ? sure you could say but its coming out later and we had to put in something extra for the wait but pc and ps3 owners shouldn't suffer with getting less content just because there was no publisher for a xbl version in the begining

All version expect demo includes local 3 player co-op. So, both PC and PSN versions have 3 player local support when they come out :D

ok cause i got a link from n4g that said that the game will be coming on xbl and have exclusive content and the said that the ps3 and pc version didn't have 3 player support only 2 player but they also said something about an e3 demo maby that demo was 2 player co-op only ? i never heard of that site before so maby it isn't trust worth anyway great new then i don't need to wait for any version cause if they would have been diffrent i would always decide the one with most content but now i can get it for my ps3 cause i prefere 2d games with a controller and i personally like the ps3 controller more then the 360s
i've been thinking about that post on that site all day but now i can finaly put that to rest
and all the guys at frozenbyte keep up the great work
SamWalter

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:15 pm (link to this post)

I think you are confusing one sentence which said: "You can take 2 of your friends with you to the play." Or something like that. That doesn't mean 2 player can play the game at the same time. That means you playing plus two other persons playing with you. ;)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P
Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby SamWalter » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:28 pm (link to this post)

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:I think you are confusing one sentence which said: "You can take 2 of your friends with you to the play." Or something like that. That doesn't mean 2 player can play the game at the same time. That means you playing plus two other persons playing with you. ;)

what are you talking about ? do you refer to the post about a site that said the 360 version will have 3 player co-op and the pc and ps3 will only have 2 player co-op ? or were you refering to somebody elses post
SamWalter

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:34 pm (link to this post)

NO...

Seriously. Read more carefully. I'm refering to a webpage where was talk about the E3 happening and how they said in that happening how trine will include YOU PLAYING PLUS TWO OTHER PLAYERS WITH YOU (meaning 3 player coop).
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P
Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby SamWalter » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:58 am (link to this post)

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:NO...

Seriously. Read more carefully. I'm refering to a webpage where was talk about the E3 happening and how they said in that happening how trine will include YOU PLAYING PLUS TWO OTHER PLAYERS WITH YOU (meaning 3 player coop).

the website said the 360 version will also support 3 player co-op while pc and ps3 will only be 2 player co-op they didn't talk about you as a player they talker about how many people that would be able to play co-op at the same time
SamWalter

Postby DarkJee » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:37 am (link to this post)

SamWalter wrote:
Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:NO...

the website said the 360 version will also support 3 player co-op while pc and ps3 will only be 2 player co-op they didn't talk about you as a player they talker about how many people that would be able to play co-op at the same time

... ??? Ok I'm lost... Just know that ON EVERY VERSION you can play 3 PLAYERS CO-OP, PC, PS3 and 360..
DarkJee

Postby werpu » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:22 pm (link to this post)

Cedge wrote:In fact, the utilization of the software version of the system is far, far more widespread, than the hardware-reliant version, for obvious reasons. Remember, that hardware-based PhysX acceleration is only offered on the latest GeForce cards (8000 series and up), and only on PC. Were you under the impression that the PS3's GPU supported hardware PhysX acceleration? The GPU in the PS3 is actually a couple of generations old (it's based on the 7800), and predates any CUDA or GPU-based PhysX acceleration support. So, any games using PhysX on PS3 are using the software library, running on the PS3's CPU. Same goes for any Xbox 360 or Wii games using it.

Actually the strong point of the PS3 while not really having a fast processor for general purpose computing is that its vector units in the processor are top notch, you wont need the POWER PC CPU core too much for physics you can offload that to the vectory units. How far the PhysX or Ageia libraries already do that is a question only a game developer can answer!
But also back to the XBOX I hardly have seen anything in Trine which would cause the xbox to a standstill ...
So I assume porting is a non issue from a speed perspective!
werpu

Postby werpu » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:26 pm (link to this post)

Chi18 wrote:i have to say, even though i have a 360, i'm disappointed by this news. most developers seem to be more interested in xbla than psn, which is extremely unfair to ps3 users. psn is a lot better then some people might think, and this game would have been an amazing exclusive addition. especially since a lot of the really awesome games are being made for xbla, like epic games shadow complex (don't think i'll be getting that one) and things like castle crashers.

Actually people, Trine is developed by a small development house, they cannot really afford to stay exclusive unless Sony pays them to do so (which is the normal case for a game to stay exclusive unless it is an in house studio of the console developer).
This is a small development house and it must survive on its own, given that an xbox port is a no brainer once you have DirectX support anyway in there codewise it simply does not make sense to stay away from the platform.
It is in fact harder to support the PS3 due to its nature of hardware than to port a game over from Windows to the XBOX and vice versa! Especially if you program your own toolset and cannot rely on others already have done the dirty low level work for you!
werpu

Postby mummi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:57 pm (link to this post)

I sure hope that this game comes out on XBLA it's looking really good. It would be a shame if it wouldn't reach the xbox community. The look of the game is really really good... and the video's are really promising and I really really hope that the gameplay is as good as it looks ;) But the only way for me and a gr8 deal of other people is if it comes out on XBLA :P Keep up the good work!
mummi

Postby AlCool » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:48 am (link to this post)

Actually the wii is powerful enough, just that a few settings would have to be changed. Also the wii remote has PC mods that can be applied to any game, and already have been applied to trine.

About PhysX, the top used version are Nvidia based drivers. Go try Mirrors Edge. ATI exclusively uses Havok if I remember correctly. The Nvidia physX is usually only seen in EA games.

It's kind of annoying hearing ppl keep wanting "Online coop" like syncing thousands of physics calculations at ALL times is easy. Besides framerates having to be at a constant and stable 60. The time and manpower it would take are too much for a small developer studio such as this.

Although a dominate PC user, I'd rather seen it released on what it was developed on before it is ported to consoles. I hate playing games that I can obviously tell were meant for consoles, especially when it is noticeable by a lack of a mouse or weird mouse sensitivities, as well as many other adverse effects of porting.
AlCool

Postby posila » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:45 am (link to this post)

Hi, any progress on Xbox 360 version? Thanks :)
posila

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:45 am (link to this post)

It's out of our hands but most likely will not happen. Sorry. (We probably won't comment on this any further.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team
fb_joel
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Trine