As I have told you earlier, I have been (and still am, partly) working in book publishing industry. I have noticed that there are many similarities between developing a computer game and writing a book.
• It requires lots of time. And time. And more time. There is never enough time, it always runs out.
• It is all about the story. People love stories, it is deep in us. So the story should be compelling.
• You have to be prepared for re-making, refining and starting all over again. The process will always reveal flaws, inconcistencies and cliches.
• You have to pay respect to testers’/publishing editors’ opinions. They are the first real players/readers. If they say something does not work, people who will buy your game/book will certainly repeat their words unless you have done something about the problem.
• You can never be sure your game/book will be a success until it is ready and in stores.